Monday 16 July 2012

Astral Cream

In April I purchased a mini tub of Astral to try out. It was 59p for a tiny tub (see my April post) and I thought it looked like a good all round moisturiser.

My first impressions weren't great. It had the smell of an old lady cream and was really thick and greasy. I tried to using it in the morning before applying make up and it was just too heavy; my make up slid round rather than staying put. Not being one to give up I started using it as a night cream. It worked okay but I prefer a face cream that feels like its 'soaked' in rather than staying as a layer on my face.

Astral markets itself as 'all over moisturiser' so I guess its not just to use on your face. I didn't fancy using it on the rest of my body due to the smell but I think it could be helpful on really dry spots or to target specific places such as your feet.

I've just finished the tub and don't think I'll be buying it again. However one thing to point is that they also do an Astral Light and Creamy range which may be a real improvement on the original. I think I'll give it a go if they do a mini size as the price is so reasonable. x

Astral website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...